Translation today : literary translation in focus / Michał Organ (ed.).
- Berlin : Peter Lang GmbH, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 177 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Organ, Michał
- Studies in linguistics, anglophone literatures and cultures ; volume 16
- Machine generated contents note: Galisiya Ki Kathae: on Rendering Andrzej Stasiuk's Tales of Galicia into Hindi / Monika Browarczyk -- Translating Literature, Translating Culture: Olga Tokarczuk in Hindi / Maria Skakuj-Puri -- Herta Midler's Multicultural Consciousness in Polish and Czech Translation / Christian Jakob Altmann -- On the Special Difficulties of Literary Translation from Modern Hebrew into Polish as Exemplified by the Novel Mar Mani / Marek Piela -- Archaisms & Archaisation in the Translation of Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski / Michal Organ -- Linguistic and Pragmatic Approaches to Translation (Based on the Short Story White Flame by Uladzimir Karatkievich) / Tatiana Garanovich -- Durrell's Balthazar through the Prism of Translation / Ishkhan Dadyan -- Robert Burns in Ukrainian: the Reproduction of the Cultural Other / Valentyna Savchyn -- The Importance of Convention in the Translation of Experimental Fiction-a Questionnaire-based Study / Lukasz Barcinski -- "Translators' Desperate Efforts" or Who Demotes Agatha Christie's Characters. Translators' Footnotes Commenting on the Quality of Previous Translations / Wcronika Sztorc.
- The volume proposes a comprehensive collection of carefully selected studies investigating some of the most intriguing problems explored in the field of literary translation. The contributions authored by an international group of scholars and professional translators focus on the newest developments in the field including the complex problems arising from intercultural translation; translation of stylistic devices, adjustment to literary and linguistic conventions, ideological aspects influencing translation; the use of footnotes and the future perspectives of translation studies.
- 3631768893 hardback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 28033317