- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- THE CHEMICAL PROCESS industry presents a complex set of materials selection challenges. Conducting corrosion testing of candidate materials under simulated or actual service conditions is widely used in the process of materials selection. ASTM G 4, Guide for Conducting Corrosion Tests in Field Applications and G 31, Practice for Laboratory Immersion Corrosion Testing of Metals, and NACE Standard TM-01-69, Laboratory Corrosion Testing of Metals are the general guides for conducting corrosion tests. While these standards can be very useful in making a preliminary list of the best candidate materials, they are designed primarily for the more common metals and alloys such as steel, aluminum alloys, and copper alloys. Certain portions of these procedures, e.g., cleaning methods, are not applicable to zirconium, hafnium, and their alloys. Although ASTM G 2 is designated specifically for zirconium, hafnium, and their alloys, it is a specific practice used in the nuclear industry. Therefore, a tailored practice for conducting corrosion specimen tests on zirconium, hafnium, and their alloys in chemical environments is needed. The use of test standards that have not been modified for zirconium or hafnium may lead to erroneous or invalid results.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2005, Issue 20 (January 2005)
- 9780803145559 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- "ASTM Stock Number: MNL11060M".
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2005. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28034189