- ASTM manual series ; MNL12163M
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A. PURPOSE AND USE OF LABORATORY COMPACTION TESTS The ASTM test methods for compaction are used to develop a laboratory-derived standard reference density that is used to determine the percentage of compaction and deviation from the optimum water content that is measured by the field in-place density tests. The ASTM Standard Test Methods used for determining compaction characteristics of soil are D698, D1557, D558, D4253, and D4254. These test methods are performed in the laboratory on samples obtained from the borrow area and are used to establish specimen compaction requirements for engineering property testing. The compaction test methods are also periodically performed in the field as construction proceeds to account for variations in soil types and to verify the previously run laboratory standard reference densities.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2011, Issue 70 (January 2011)
- 9780803188884 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- "ASTM Stock Number: MNL12163M".
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 2.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2011. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28034261