- ASTM manual series ; MNL11197M
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- WHEN MAKING A QUALITATIVE EXAMINATION OF A MICROSTRUCTURE, the interpretation of the structure is to a high degree based on the knowledge and experience of the observer. In quantitative metallography/materialography the constituents in the microstructure are measured to provide more reliable data for materials engineering and quality control purposes. Typical microstructural measurements include the length, width, and area of features or the relative amount of a structure or phase. The application of stereological principles enables two-dimensional measurement data extracted from metallographic/materialographic specimens to provide accurate information about three-dimensional structures increasing the usefulness and importance of quantitative microstructural analysis. It can be tedious to implement quantitative methods. Digital image analysis equipment and software have been developed as tools to automate the collection and reporting of quantitative data.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2007, Issue 46 (January 2007)
- Grinding and polishing
- Hot mounting
- Cold mounting
- Quality control
- Vickers hardness
- Polishing artifact
- Sample preparation
- Preparation methods
- Mechanical polishing
- Electrolytic polishing
- Quantitative metallography
- Metallographic specimens
- 9780803156913 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- "ASTM Stock Number: MNL11197M".
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28034496