- ASTM monograph series ; MONO10006M
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Physical factors play a major role in the phenomena involved in the formation and deposition of fuel-insoluble material. Temperature is the most important of these factors and will be dealt with in some depth. Other physical parameters to be discussed include system pressure, flow regime, heat transfer, deposit morphology and physical characteristics, and surface roughness of the test section. In addition, some recent efforts in modeling the overall process of thermal oxidation stability will be addressed in this chapter although the models include chemical as well as physical effects. The variety of equipment used in thermal stability work and the multiplicity of goals behind this type of research may explain the different results and conclusions reached by different investigators. If a reasonable explanation can resolve a difference in results, this will be presented.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1991, Issue 1 (January 1991)
- 9780803145627 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- "ASTM Stock Number: MONO10006M".
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 42.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1991. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28034791