- ASTM manual series ; MNL6220121210021
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The laws and findings of tribology as an applied science are also applicable to the entire field of mechanics, from the bearing arrangement of a brown coal excavator with a diameter of 1 m to the bearing in a miniature gear with a diameter of only 0.1 mm. According to one definition, precision mechanics begins with bearing diameters of less than 5 mm (Figure 21.1), but this definition is purely arbitrary. The difference between the classical mechanics of mechanical engineering and precision mechanics consists only of the dimensions of the components. However, downscaling creates typical problems and particulars. This is also true in the automobile.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2012, Issue 62 (November 2012)
- 9780803170384 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- "ASTM Stock Number: MNL6220121210021".
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2012. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28034841