- ASTM monograph series ; MONO10121M
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Sulfur either in elemental form or as its organic and inorganic compounds is present in most petroleum products and lubricants in varying concentrations, from high levels in some crude oils and lubricant additives to trace amounts in certain processed petroleum products. Sulfur originates in crude oil from natural sources from its marine animal and vegetative origins deposited with sediment in coastal waters in prehistoric times. Over the millennia, sulfur, oxygen, nitrogen, and other volatile compounds evolved out of this primordial mixture due to the bacterial actions and thermal and environmental pressure leaving behind a mixture of hydrocarbons containing some of these elements, metals, and other compounds. In additives and lubricating oils, sulfur compounds are added as metal compounds acting as performance improvers .
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2011, Issue 9 (January 2011)
- 9780803184305 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- "ASTM Stock Number: MONO10121M".
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 22.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2011. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28035002