- ASTM manual series ; MNL10745M
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- MODERN LUBRICANTS PRIMARILY COMPRISE PERFORMANCE ADDITIVES such as dispersants, detergents, oxidation inhibitors, viscosity modifiers, and others, blended in a base fluid (see chapter on Additives and Additive Chemistry). Many properties of the lubricant such as viscosity, viscosity index, slipperiness (reduced friction), film-strength, pour point, oxidation stability, volatility, and flammability, therefore depend on the properties of both the base fluid and the additive package. However, since the base fluid in a lubricant is present in excess of 70%, its contribution towards the listed properties predominates that of the additive package.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2003, Issue 37 (June 2003)
- 9780803145511 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- "ASTM Stock Number: MNL10745M".
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 29.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2003. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28035119