Success with drones in civil engineering : an accelerated guide to safe, legal, and profitable operations / by Brett Hoffstadt, PMP, and FAA certified sUAS remote pilot
- Hoffstadt, Brett
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2018.
- 2018 USA edition.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 225 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 23 cm
- Part 1: Systems thinking success with drones -- 1. Systems engineering overview -- 2. Successful use cases -- 3. Drone system overview -- 4. Requirements definition -- 5. Safety first and always -- 6. Regulatory overview -- 7. Implementation & integration -- 8. Validation & verification -- Bonus chapter: Complexity theory -- Part 2: Project management success with drones -- 9. Project integration -- 10. Scope management -- 11. Time management -- 12. Cost management -- 13. Quality management -- 14. Human resources -- 15. Communications -- 16. Risk management -- 17. Procurement -- 18. Stakeholder management -- Bonus chapter: Self-management -- Part 3: Business success with drones -- 19. Lean startup -- 20. Marketing basics -- 21. Online marketing -- 22. Sales basics -- 23. Networkings basics -- Bonus chapter: 7 keys to intrapreneurship -- Bonus section: To build or buy?
- If you are worried that you are missing out on the game-changing benefits of drones, now you'll have the benefit of others' experience condensed from leading efforts in the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industries. "Small-medium A/E/C firms typically get their first drone at a local retail store. After they have crashed the first two, by the third one they start to get "results." This book can save your company a lot of precious time and resources - while staying safe and legal." David McCreary, President, New Age Aerial, Inc. How can you build, grow, and sustain a safe, legal, productive, and profitable operation with a drone? To achieve success quickly and efficiently with this highly complex, dynamic, and demanding mission, you will gain the benefits of 3 BOOKS IN ONE:* Systems Thinking Success with Drones* Project Management Success with Drones* Business Success with Drones Each section is an accelerated lesson in the essential knowledge you need to succeed. You'll learn:* How can you build and maintain SAFETY into your operation with a drone?* How can you make an accelerated and valid BUSINESS PLAN for using a drone?* What are the MOST PROFITABLE USE CASES for a drone in civil engineering?* What are all the ESSENTIAL COMPONENTS of an unmanned aerial SYSTEM - besides the drone?* What are the LEGAL REGULATIONS under FAA Part 107?* What REQUIREMENTS do many people forget to include or not think about?* What are ACTUAL COST AND SCHEDULE BENEFITS (and investments) with a drone?* What are the BIGGEST RISKS to using a drone? * What are proven STRATEGIES, TACTICS, and TOOLS to manage those risks?* What SKILLS and RESPONSIBILITIES do you need for yourself and your drone team?* What are proven SALES and MARKETING methods to sell the idea of using a drone?In addition to the experience gained from pioneers across industry over recent months and years, the book includes:Four bonus chapters, including: * Key decision criteria to help you decide whether TO BUY (outsource) OR BUILD your drone capability in an engineering firm* 30+ illustrations, figures, photos, and tables* 40+ ADDITIONAL RESOURCES to continue your momentum forward, including* FINANCIAL DISCOUNTS and INCENTIVES for DRONE ENTREPRENEURS* 50+ specific LESSONS LEARNED from actual operations"As someone dedicated to building a worldwide community of smart and safe drone pilots, this book is a powerful and welcomed tool to help people join us." Alan Perlman, Founder & President, UAV CoachTechnology, business, and your competition are moving fast. Don't get left behind. Learn what it takes to have success with a drone in civil engineering - now and for many years ahead.
- 9781980585145 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 207-220).
View MARC record | catkey: 28035394