Vendetta!, or, The story of one forgotten / by Marie Corelli, author of "Ardath," "Thelma," "A romance of two worlds," "Wormwood," etc., etc
- Corelli, Marie, 1855-1924
- Additional Titles:
- Vendetta and Story of one forgotten
- New York : A.L. Burt, [1897?]
- [Home library edition].
- Physical Description:
- 343 pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : illustration (frontispiece) ; 19 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Shute, A. B. and A.L. Burt Company
- A wealthy Italian nobleman falls ill during a cholera epidemic and wakes to find himself buried alive. Escaping entombment, he returns home to his villa only to discover his wife has been unfaithful to him with his best friend.
- Date of publication inferred from "Home library, Burt's edition" listing in A.C. McClurg & Company's Illustrated holiday catalogue of books 1897-8.
Originally published: London : R. Bentley & Son, 1886.
"The home library"--Spine.
"Burt's library of the world's best books"--Circular device on title-page.
Text includes Preface; dated August, 1886.
Frontispiece; signed in plate: A. Burnham Shute.
"Burt's Home library" catalogue: (7 unnumbered pages) at end.
Publisher's name reads "A.L Burt Company, Publishers" on copies issued after A.L. Burt formally incorporated in 1902.
Rare Books copy: issued 1902 or later ("A.L. Burt Company" imprint on title-page); in publisher's original uniform maroon cloth; no dust jacket.
- Binding Information:
- Publisher's uniform series binding in maroon cloth; titles in gilt on spine; top edge gilt.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased from David Mason books; 2016.
- Related Materials:
- Marie Corelli collection, 1844-1934 (9916); Located at: Special Collections Library, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania.
View MARC record | catkey: 28038432