Math adventures with Python : an illustrated guide to exploring math with code / by Peter Farrell
- Farrell, Peter, 1966-
- San Francisco : No Starch Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 276 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 24 cm
- Drawing polygons with Turtle -- Doing arithmetic with lists and loops -- Guessing and checking with conditionals -- Solving equations graphically -- Transforming shapes with geometry -- Creating oscillations with trigonometry -- Complex numbers -- Creating 2D/3D graphics using matrices -- Creating an ecosystem with classes -- Creating fractals using recursion -- Cellular automata -- Solving problems using genetic algorithms.
- "Teaches math concepts through programming. Begins with a crash course in basic programming concepts and how to use Python's built-in Turtle module, and then explores topics like writing programs to solve equations and matrices, drawing polygons and fractals, and using the Processing graphics library to create interactive 2D and 3D models"--
- 9781593278670 (print) and 1593278675 (print)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28056313