Swing! [sound recording] : original cast recording
- Additional Titles:
- At head of title: Original Broadway
- New York, NY : Sony Classical, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc (80 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Callaway, Ann Hampton, Bradley, Everett, Benanti, Laura, MacGill, Casey, Gruber, Michael, 1964 November 1-, Smith, Jonathan (Pianist), and Gotham City Gates (Musical group)
- It don't mean a thing (if it ain't got that swing) ; Jumpin' at the Woodside (3:33) -- Bounce me brother (with a solid four) (2:32) -- Two and four ; Hit me with a hot note and watch me bounce (3:48) -- Rhythm ; Throw that girl around ; Show me what you got (8:32) -- Bli-blip (4:27) -- Harlem nocturne (2:41) -- Kitchen mechanics' night out ; Shout and feel it (4:49) -- Boogie woogie bugle boy (3:24) -- The USO. GI jive (1:02) ; I'm gonna love you tonight (1:59) ; I'll be seeing you (3:59) ; In the mood ; Don't sit under the apple tree (3:26) -- Swing, brother, swing (4:40) -- Caravan (2:37) -- Dancers in love (2:02) -- Cry me a river (3:32) -- Blues in the night (4:18) -- Boogie woogie country (2:44) -- All of me ; I won't dance (3:41) -- Stompin' at the Savoy (3:33) -- Finale. Swing, brother, swing ; Sing, sing, sing ; It don't mean a thing (if it ain't got that swing) (8:21).
- Related Titles:
- Swing (Musical)
It don't mean a thing (if it ain't got that swing)
Jumpin' at the Woodside
Bounce me brother (with a solid four)
Two and four
Hit me with a hot note and watch me bounce
Throw that girl around
Show me what you got
Kitchen mechanics' night out
Shout and feel it.
Boogie woogie bugle boy
I'm gonna love you tonight
I'll be seeing you
In the mood
Don't sit under the apple tree
Swing, brother, swing
Dancers in love
Program notes by Rich Conaty (14 p. : ill.) inserted.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Starring Ann Hampton Callaway, Everett Bradley, Laura Benanti, with Casey MacGill and the Gotham City Gates, and Michael Gruber ; Jonathan Smith, musical director.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Dec. 13, 1999, at Clinton Recording Studios, Studio A, New York.
View MARC record | catkey: 2806744