Mapping the global future : report of the National Intelligence Council's 2020 Project, based on consultations with nongovernmental experts around the world
- Additional Titles:
- Report of the National Intelligence Council's 2020 Project
- [Washington, D.C.] : National Intelligence Council : [Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., distributor], 
- Physical Description:
- 120 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 28 cm + 1 CD-ROM
- Additional Creators:
- National Intelligence Council (U.S.)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Executive Summary. -- Methodology. -- Introduction. -- The contradictions of globalization. An expanding and integrating global economy ; The technology revolution ; Lingering social inequalities ; Fictional scenario: Davos world . -- Rising powers: The changing geopolitical landscape. Rising Asia ; Other rising states? ; The "aging" powers ; Growing demands for energy ; US unipolarity -- How long can it last? ; Fictional scenario: Pax Americana. -- New challenges to governance. Halting progress on democratization ; Identity politics ; Fictional scenario: A new caliphate. -- Pervasive insecurity. Transmuting international terrorism ; Intensifying internal conflicts ; Rising powers: Tinder for conflict? ; The WMD factor ; Fictional scenario: Cycle of fear. -- Policy implications.
- Report Numbers:
- PREX 3.21:F 98
- Other Subject(s):
- Shipping list no.: 2005-0076-P.
Accompanying CD-ROM contains complete text in PDF format.
U.S. G.P.O. sales statement incorrect in publication.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available via Internet from the CIA web site. Address as of 2/3/05: http://www.foia.cia.gov/2020/2020.pdf ; current access is available via PURL.
View MARC record | catkey: 2807064