- Language Note:
- Songs, sung in Yiddish and English, and instrumental selections.
- Shprayz ikh mir (3:04) -- Kolomeyke (1:40) -- Moroccan game (2:46) -- An undoing world (3:40) -- Mizmor shir lehanef (reefer song) (5:14) -- Shvarts un vays (4:07) -- Lomir heybn dem bekher (4:20) -- Sirba matey matey (4:54) -- Music from "A dybbuk: between two worlds": Mipney ma (1:37) ; Beggars' dance (2:20) ; Shnaps-nign (1:51) ; Interlude (:36) ; Dybbuk shers (3:12) ; Fradde's song (3:04) ; Der shvartser mi adir (2:13) ; Hinokh yafo (4:06) -- Mipney ma (:42).
- Compact disc.
Tracks 9 through 17 are excerpts from the Klezmatics score for Tony Kushner's A dybbuk: between two worlds, an adaptation of S. An-ski's classic tale of love and possession, a compendium of Jewish folklore that is the play The dybbuk. "An undoing world" (track 4) is an excerpt from "'It's an undoing world, ' or why should it be easy when it can be hard," a musical theater piece created by Tony Kushner, Naomi Goldberg, and the Klezmatics.
Program notes by Tony Kushner, with English texts and Yiddish texts with English and Hebrew translations, on container insert.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Producer, Robert Musso ; Yiddish text translations, Michael Wex.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- The Klezmatics: David Light, drums, percussion ; Alicia Svigals, violin ; Frank London, trumpet, alto horn, groggers, percussion, accordion ; Lorin Sklamberg, lead vocals, accordion, piano ; Matt Darriau, clarinet, bass clarinet, alto saxophone, kaval, flutes, groggers ; Paul Morrissett, bass, tsimbi, fujara, nyenyere.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at Sony Music Studios, NYC; "Eyn Mol" recorded at Living Traditions, New York City, 26 Heshvan 5757.
View MARC record | catkey: 2807748