Griswold v. Connecticut : birth control and the constitutional right of privacy / John W. Johnson
- Johnson, John W., 1946-
- Additional Titles:
- Griswold versus Connecticut
- Lawrence : University Press of Kansas, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 266 pages ; 22 cm.
- The Connecticut exception to birth control in America -- Judicial challenges to the Connecticut ban on contraception -- More judicial false starts -- "To be let alone" : the emerging right of privacy -- Back in Connecticut -- Attracting the attention of the Supreme Court -- The Supreme Court hears the birth control case -- Confidential discussion and public decision -- Reactions and repercussions -- Elaboration of the constitutional right of privacy -- Epilogue : privacy and sexuality at the dawn of a new century.
- 0700613773 (cloth : alk. paper)
0700613781 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 241-249) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2811684