Quoting God : how media shape ideas about religion and culture / edited by Claire Hoertz Badaracco
- Waco, Tex. : Baylor University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 317 pages ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Badaracco, Claire
- Introduction: Quotation and the life of public texts / Claire Hoertz Badaracco -- Journalism and the religious imagination / John Schmalzbauer -- God talk in the public square / C. Welton Gaddy -- The first amendment and the Falun Gong / Paul Moses -- A framework for understanding fundamentalism / Rebecca Moore -- Biblical prophecy and foreign policy / Paul S. Boyer -- Last words : death and public self-expression / John P. Ferré -- Collective memory, national identity : victims and victimizers in Japan / Richard A. Gardner -- Appalachian regional identity in national media / Howard Dorgan -- The Virgin of Guadalupe as cultural icon / Virgilio Elizondo -- Reporting complexity : science and religion / James Schaefer -- Vatican opinion on modern communication / Paul Soukup -- Conclusion: A relationship of overlapping conversations / Gustav Niebuhr.
- 1932792066 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 289-302) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Renee Cohen Friedman and Robert S. Friedman Libraries Endowment; 20045.
Behrend copy: Purchased with funds from the Elizabeth Epp Taft Library Endowment; 20056
View MARC record | catkey: 2815995