McSweeney's mammoth treasury of thrilling tales / edited by Michael Chabon ; illustrations by Howard Chaykin
- Additional Titles:
- Mammoth treasury of thrilling tales
- New York : Vintage Books, 2003.
- 1st Vintage Books ed.
- Physical Description:
- 479 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Chabon, Michael and Chaykin, Howard V.
Full Text available online
- Tedford and the megalodon / Jim Shepard -- The tears of squonk, and what happened thereafter / Glen David Gold -- The Bees / Dan Chaon -- Catskin / Kelly Link -- How Carlos Webster changed his name to Carl and became a famous Oklahoma Lawman / Elmore Leonard -- The general / Carol Emshwiller -- Closing time / Neil Gaiman -- Otherwise pandemonium / Nick Hornby -- The tale of Gray Dick / Stephen King -- Blood doesn't come out / Michael Crichton. and Weaving the dark / Laurie King -- Chuck's bucket / Chris Offutt -- Up the mountain coming down slowly / Dave Eggers -- The case of the Nazi Canary / Michael Moorcock -- The case of the salt and pepper shakers / Aimee Bender -- Ghost dance / Sherman Alexie -- Goodbye to all that / Harlan Ellison -- Private grave 9 / Karen Joy Fowler -- The Albertine Notes / Rick Moody -- The Martian Agent, a planetary romance / Michael Chabon.
- Related Titles:
- McSweeney's (Series)
- "This collection was also published in slightly different form as issue #10, no. 1, winter 2002-3, McSweeney's quarterly"--T.p. verso.
View MARC record | catkey: 2816039