Rebel without a cause [videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures presents ; a Warner Bros.-First National picture ; screen play by Stewart Stern ; adaptation by Irving Shulman from a story by Nicholas Ray ; produced by David Weisbart ; directed by Nicholas Ray
- Uniform Title:
- Rebel without a cause (Motion picture)
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 2005.
- Copyright Date:
- Widescreen format; two-disc special ed.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (111 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Stern, Stewart
Ray, Nicholas, 1911-1979
Dean, James, 1931-1955
Mineo, Sal, 1939-1976
Hopper, William, 1915-1970
Warner Bros. Pictures (1923-1967)
First National Pictures, Inc
Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Soundtrack in English or French; subtitles in English, French or Spanish.
- Jim Stark, the teenage son of a well-to-do family, is overcome by loneliness, frustration and anger, which leads to violence when he seeks approval of a gang of high-school hoodlums.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG-13.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1955.
Disc one includes: feature; commentary by Douglas L. Rathgeb; trailer. Disc two includes: 50th-anniversary documentary; vintage documentary on James Dean; additional scenes (no sound); 3 segments from the Warner Bros. presents television series, including Dean's "Drive Safely" commercial spot; screen and wardrobe tests.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Ernest Haller ; film editor, William Ziegler ; music by Leonard Rosenman.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- James Dean, Natalie Wood, Sal Mineo, Jim Backus, Ann Doran, Corey Allen, William Hopper.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; Region 1; Dolby digital 5.1 surround in English; Dolby digital mono. in French.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 2816110