Philostratus's Heroikos : religion and cultural identity in the third century C.E. / edited by Ellen Bradshaw Aitken and Jennifer K. Berenson Maclean
- Society of Biblical Literature writings from the Greco-Roman world ; no. 6
- Philostratus, the Athenian, active 2nd century-3rd century. Heroicus
- Dialogues, Greek—History and criticism
- Civilization, Greco-Roman, in literature
- Trojan War—Literature and the war
- Christianity and literature—Rome
- Religion and literature—Rome
- Protesilaus (Mythological character)
- Religion in literature
- Heroes in literature
- 9004130942 (alk. paper)
- "Most of the essays in this volume were first presented at a conference held in May 2001 at Harvard Divinity School, 'Philostratus's Heroikos, Religion and Cultural Identity.'"--P. xviii.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -368) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 2818873