Goodfellas [videorecording] / Warner Bros. presents an Irwin Winkler production, a Martin Scorsese picture ; produced by Irwin Winkler ; screenplay by Nicholas Pileggi & Martin Scorsese ; directed by Martin Scorsese
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 
- 2-disc special ed.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (146 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Winkler, Irwin
De Niro, Robert
Bracco, Lorraine, 1955-
Ballhaus, Michael, 1935-
Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- )
Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English or dubbed French dialogue, English, French or Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned.
- Details the rise and fall of Henry Hill, a Brooklyn kid who grows up idolizing the "wise guys" from his neighborhood. He begins hanging around the mobsters and doing odd jobs until he gains the notice of local chieftain Paulie Cicero. In his teens, Hill distinguishes himself as a "stand-up guy" by choosing jail time over ratting on his accomplices. From that moment on, he is a part of the family. Along with his partner Tommy, he rises through the ranks to become Paulie's lieutenant. Soon he finds himself the target of both the feds and the mobsters.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: R.
- Container erroneously claims Spanish language soundtrack.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1990.
Based on the book "Wiseguy" by Nicholas Pileggi.
Special features: commentary by Martin Scorsese and cast/crew; bonus commentary with ex-gangster Henry Hill and ex-FBI Agent Edward McDonald; 4 new documentaries.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Michael Ballhaus ; editor, Thelma Schoonmaker ; costume designer, Richard Bruno ; production designer, Kristi Zea.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci, Lorraine Bracco, Paul Sorvino.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, widescreen (1.85:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Arts & Humanities copy: Purchased with funds from the Verna M. Lombard Library Endowment; 2013.
View MARC record | catkey: 2825081