Meaning, use and truth : introducing the philosophy of language / Finn Collin, Finn Guldmann
- Collin, Finn
- Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 301 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Guldmann, Finn
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Some classical theories of meaning -- The phenomenology of language -- The semantics of singular terms -- Predication -- Theories of truth -- Davidson's programme -- Intensional semantics -- Speech acts -- On the borderline between linguistics and philosophy : recent developments in the theory of meaning -- Theory of interpretation -- Two critics : Quine and Dummett -- Wider philosophical perspectives.
- 0754607585 (hbk. : alk. paper) and 0754607593 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -296) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2826791