Fever of war : the influenza epidemic in the U.S. Army during World War I / Carol R. Byerly
- Byerly, Carol R.
- New York : New York University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 251 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Medical heroes: medical officers' confidence as they prepare for war -- Building a healthy army: government control and accountability -- Worst-case scenario: the influenza epidemic of 1918 in the camps -- Fighting germs and Germans: influenza in the American Expeditionary Forces -- Postmortem: the trauma of failure, 1918-1919 -- "Except for the flu ... ": writing the history of the epidemic -- Memory and the politics of disease and war.
- 081479923X (cloth : alk. paper)
0814799248 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 227-236) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2827557