The scourge [microform].
- Uniform Title:
- Scourge (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston : [M. Butler], 1811.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume ; 45 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Butler, Merrill, 1781 or 1782-1821
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Aug. 10, 1811)-v. 1, no. 16 (Dec. 28, 1811).
- Publication Frequency:
- Weekly (irregular)
- Editor: 1811, T. Touchstone (pseud.).
Some issues published in more than one edition.
This comic periodical was edited by Merrill Butler, alias "Tim Touchstone, " who was later sent to jail for libel. It was an off-spring of several British comic magazines of similar purpose and contained satire on politics and government, as well as biographical sketches, poetry, and literary notices. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
Title from caption.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1952. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (American periodical series, 1800-1850 ; 239). Filmed with: Scientific journal.
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D16a reel.239 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in The Scientific journal [microform]
View MARC record | catkey: 2829668