- Continued By:
- Formed From:
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- C.W., vol. 29, no. 20 (May 18, 1848)-v. 29, no. 42 (Oct. 19, 1848) = C.R., v. 11, no. 20-no. 42.
- Publication Frequency:
- This weekly resembled a newspaper and its object was to present important religious news of every kind, as well as some non-religious material. Religious news included reports of Bible, missionary, and tract societies, both in the U.S. and abroad; accounts of revivals; and news on missions, on various churches, and on ordinations. Non-religious material included general news, poetry, book reviews, biography, and articles on history, education, and agriculture. Cf. American periodicals, 1741-1900.
Title from caption.
- Special Numbering:
- Vols. for May 18-Oct. 19, 1848 continue numbering of Christian watchman (v. 29, no. 20-42); and Christian reflector (v. 11, no. 20-42).
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : Xerox University Microfilms, 1974. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (American periodical series: 1800-1850 ; 1496). Filmed with: Christian watchman (Boston, Mass : 1921)
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D16a reel.1496 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in The Christian watchman [microform]
View MARC record | catkey: 2829770