Decision Making in Vocal Fold Paralysis [electronic resource] : A Guide to Clinical Management / edited by Milan R. Amin, Michael M. Johns
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XIII, 277 pages 60 illustrations, 43 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Amin, Milan R., Johns, Michael M., III, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Section I: Unilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis -- Diagnostic Studies in Work-Up for Vocal Fold Paralysis: When and Why -- Timing of Intervention for Unilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis -- Early Management of Unilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis -- Management of Dysphagia in Unilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis -- Management of Nerve Sacrifice with Thyroidectomy -- Static Medialization: Fat Injection Versus Medialization Larygoplasty -- Choosing the Right Implant -- Decision Making in Arytenoid Adduction -- Role of Adjunctive Procedures like Cricothyroid Subluxation and Arytenopexy or Arytenoid Adduction -- Decision Making Around Reinnveration -- Decision Making in Pediatric Unilateral Vocal Fold Movement Impairment -- Decision Making in Postoperative Care Following Laryngeal Surgery for Vocal Fold Paralysis -- Medialization Laryngoplasty: Revision Surgery -- Section II: Bilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis -- Diagnostic Studies in Work-Up for Bilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis: When and Why -- Acute Management of Bilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis -- Long Term Interventions for Bilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis: Endoscopic and Open Procedures -- Decision Making in Patients with Bilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis with Glottal Insufficiency: Balancing Voice vs. Airway -- Reinnervation/Pacing for Bilateral Vocal Fold Paralysis.
- This guide brings thought leaders and master clinicians together to share their wisdom and expertise regarding clinical decisions surrounding unilateral and bilateral vocal fold paralysis. Designed as a what- to-do and why as opposed to a how-to guide, the authors detail the reasoning process from work up, through intervention, to post-treatment decision making. The text is organized around decision points in the management of vocal fold paralysis such as decisions in regard to timing, intervention, implants, reinnervation, drugs, voice therapy, and post-operative care. Individual chapters focus on specific steps in the process of evaluation and treatment, explore the decisions that can and should be made, and provide answers and direction for the reader. Authors explain the issues around the decision point and use their considerable experience to offer their opinion and as well as the thought process behind it. Decision Making in Vocal Fold Paralysis will be a useful guide for practitioners that deal with vocal fold paralysis, including otolaryngologists, general surgeons, neurologists, speech language pathologists, primary care physicians, and oncologists. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28317450