Image-guided Laser Ablation [electronic resource] / edited by Claudio Maurizio Pacella, Tian'an Jiang, Giovanni Mauri
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 160 pages 79 illustrations, 60 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Pacella, Claudio Maurizio, Jiang, Tian'an, Mauri, Giovanni, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- History of Laser Ablation -- Physical principles of Laser Ablation -- Ex-vivo experimentation of Laser Ablation -- Abdominal and Liver tumors laser ablation -- peritoneal and abdominal lymph node laser ablation -- Kidney tumors laser ablation -- Benign Thyroid nodule laser ablation -- Malignant tumors in the neck -- Add Parathyroid diseases laser ablation -- Breast tumor -- Pancreas tumors (percutaneous and endoscopic approach) -- Lung tumors -- Prostate cancer and BPH -- Future development.
- This book offers a comprehensive guide to the technical basis of laser ablation, describing and reporting in detail on the latest findings. The world of medicine is currently working to reduce the invasiveness of treatment, in order to improve patients' quality of life. Image-guided ablations are rapidly becoming an effective alternative to several surgical treatments. Among the many techniques available for ablation, laser is still not widely used, though its efficacy has been amply demonstrated. The scientific community is now showing a growing interest in laser techniques for image-guided ablations, and many physicians are willing to start using lasers in their clinical practice. The book is divided into 16 chapters, including historical notes, technical aspects, outcomes of ex-vivo experiments, and results of the application of this technique in various clinical scenarios. It will be of great interest to a broad range of physicians (interventional radiologists, surgeons, gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, urologists), from less experienced trainees to expert physicians who want to introduce a novel clinical practice.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28317759