Delivering person-centred care in nursing / Bob Price
- Price, Bob (Educational consultant)
- London ; Thousand Oaks, California : Sage/Learning Matters, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 197 pages ; 25 cm.
- Machine generated contents note: pt. 1 Person-centred care: theory and philosophy -- 1.Person-centred care: concepts, origins and problems -- 2.A pragmatic approach to person-centred care -- pt. 2 How to deliver person-centred care -- 3.Helping patients to make sense of their circumstances -- 4.Helping patients cope with change and anxiety -- 5.Helping patients learn about treatment, care and recovery -- 6.Helping patients to rehabilitate -- 7.Helping patients to build and sustain self-care motivation -- 8.Helping patients and relatives to live amidst dying -- 9.Looking forward to the future.
- Through the use of varied case studies, this book explains and demonstrates how nurses can transform the ideals of person-centred care into reality for patients throughout their healthcare journey, in a variety of settings.
- 9781526463333 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28318657