Publication manual of the American Psychological Association : the official guide to APA style
- Additional Titles:
- Official guide to APA style
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, 
- Copyright Date:
- Seventh edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 427 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), color map ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- American Psychological Association
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Scholarly writing and publishing principles : Types of articles and papers ; Ethical, legal, and professional standards in publishing ; Ensuring the accuracy of scientific findings ; Protecting the rights and welfare of research participants and subjects ; Protecting intellectual property rights -- Paper elements and format : Required elements ; Paper elements ; Format ; Organization ; Sample papers -- Journal article reporting standards : Overview of reporting standards ; Common reporting standards across research design ; Report standards for quantitative research ; Reporting standards for qualitative research ; Reporting standards for mixed methods research -- Writing style and grammar : Effective scholarly writing : Continuity and flow ; Conciseness and clarity ; Grammar and usage : Verbs ; Pronouns ; Sentence construction ; Strategies to improve your writing -- Bias-free language guidelines : General guidelines for reducing bias ; Reducing bias by topic -- Mechanics of style : Punctuation ; Spelling ; Capitalization ; Italics ; Abbreviations ; Numbers ; Statistical and mathematical copy ; Presentation of equations ; Lists -- Tables and figures : General guidelines for tables and figures ; Tables ; Sample tables ; Figures ; Sample figures -- Works credited in the text : General guidelines for citation ; Works requiring special approaches to citation ; In-text citations ; Paraphrases and quotations -- Reference list : Reference categories ; Principles of reference list entries ; Reference elements : Author ; Date ; Title ; Source ; Reference variations ; Reference list format and order -- Reference examples : Author variations ; Date variations ; Title variations ; Source variations ; Textual works ; Data sets, software, and tests ; Audiovisual media ; Online media -- Legal references : General guidelines for legal references ; Legal reference examples -- Publication process : Preparing for publication ; Understanding the editorial publication process ; Manuscript preparation ; Copyright and permission guidelines ; During and after publication.
- "The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Seventh Edition is the official source for APA Style. With millions of copies sold worldwide in multiple languages, it is the style manual of choice for writers, researchers, editors, students, and educators in the social and behavioral sciences, natural sciences, nursing, communications, education, business, engineering, and other fields. Known for its authoritative, easy-to-use reference and citation system, the Publication Manual also offers guidance on choosing the headings, tables, figures, language, and tone that will result in powerful, concise, and elegant scholarly communication. It guides users through the scholarly writing process-from the ethics of authorship to reporting research through publication. The seventh edition is an indispensable resource for students and professionals to achieve excellence in writing and make a impact with their work." --
- Psychology—Authorship—Style manuals
- Social sciences—Authorship—Style manuals
- Psychological literature—Publishing—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Social science literature—Publishing—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Journalism, Medical
- Psychological literature—Publishing
- Social science literature—Publishing
- Social sciences—Authorship
- Wissenschaftliches Manuskript
- Wetenschappelijke teksten
- Wissenschaftliche Publikation
- 9781433832161 paperback
- College students
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 401-405) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28319046