The cold way home / Julia Keller
- Keller, Julia
- New York : Minotaur Books, 2019.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 306 pages ; 25 cm
- Pulitzer Prize-winning author Keller welcomes readers back to West Virginia and a ragged chunk of what was once a high stone wall. This is all that remains of Wellwood, a psychiatric hospital for the poor that burned to the ground decades ago. And it is here that Bell Elkins--prosecutor turned private investigator--makes a grim discovery while searching for a missing teenager: a dead body, marred by a ghastly wound that can only mean murder.
Bell Elkins and Jake Oakes have hung out their shingle: BJ Investigations, LLC. When Amber Slight's body is uncovered face down in the West Virginia woods, near the ruins of Wellwood, a psychiatric hospital that burned down decades ago, they get their first real challenge. Most of the forensic evidence at the scene was destroyed by a week of rain. The mystery leads Bell and Jake to Wellwood's tangled history... and its dark legacy. -- adapted from jacket
- Elkins, Bell (Fictitious character)—Fiction
- Women private investigators—Fiction
- Missing persons—Fiction
- Psychiatric hospitals—Fiction
- West Virginia—Fiction
- FICTION / Mystery & Detective / Women Sleuths
- FICTION / Mystery & Detective / Traditional
- FICTION / Thrillers / Legal
- Elkins, Bell (Fictitious character)
- Missing persons
- Psychiatric hospitals
- Women private investigators
- West Virginia
- 9781250191229 (hardcover)
View MARC record | catkey: 28319079