Chirality in biological nanospaces [electronic resource] : reactions in active sites / Nilashis Nandi
- Nandi, Nilashis
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 193 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "Vital life processes occur within the active sites of large biological macromolecules such as proteins, nucleic acids, and lipids. These nanodimensional structures greatly accelerate biological reactions. The chirality of the reactants also has a strong influence on the process, but its importance in such biological reactions has only recently begun to be understood. This book explores the influence of chirality on reaction mechanisms in such biological nanospaces. The text addresses the influence of the chirality of amino acid and sugar in the active sites of transferase, oxidoreductases, hydrolases, lysases, isomerase, ligases, and other systems. It also covers ribosomal architecture"--Provided by publisher.
"Discusses the relationship of molecular chirality and biology. Diverse natural biological molecules are dissymmetric and are discussed. Also described are the interactions between molecules in a confined state in biological systems and the resulting fascinating properties"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781439840023 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28328777