International governance of war-torn territories : rule and reconstruction / Richard Caplan
- Caplan, Richard (Richard D.)
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- x, 291 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- International administration in practice -- Forms of international administration -- Public order and internal security -- Refugees and internally displaced persons -- Civil administration -- Political institution-building -- Economic reconstruction and development -- Critical issues for international administration -- Planning operations -- The exercise of executive authority -- Accountability -- Exit strategies -- Enhancing effectiveness.
- "Caplan examines the nature of international administration operations since the mid-1990s, their effectiveness, and the key operational and political challenges which arise. He also examines recent attempts at international governance of war-torn territories"--Provided by publisher.
- 0199263450 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -282) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2832916