Disaster resiliency [electronic resource] : interdisciplinary perspectives / Naim Kapucu, Christopher V. Hawkins, Fernando I. Rivera
- Kapucu, Naim
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2012.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 413 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hawkins, Christopher V. (Christopher Vincent) and Rivera, Fernando I.
- Routledge research in public administration and public policy ; 4
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Foreword -- Preface -- Disaster resiliency : interdisciplinary perspectives -- Introduction to conceptual insights and applications of resilience -- All hazards, whole community : creating resiliency -- Sociological insights on the role of social capital in disaster resilience -- Understanding hurricane vulnerability : Florida mobile home parks -- Building collaborative capacity for disaster resiliency -- Resilient rural communities: housing recovery patterns following hurricane Katrina -- Taking action in uncertain environments : connecting resilience to hazards -- Public risks and disaster resilience : rethinking public and private sector roles -- Networks, collaborative planning, and perceived quality of comprehensive plans -- Examining environmental factors contributing to community resilience along the Gulf of Mexico coast -- Resilience planning in the face of uncertainty : adapting to climate change effects on coastal hazards -- Incorporating resilience of rural communities for pro-active risk reduction in Shikoku, Japan -- Improving community resilience through networks -- The role of responder networks in promoting community resilience : toward a measurement framework of network capacity -- Coping with catastrophe : "black swan" in northeastern Japan, March 11, 2011 -- Enhancing community resilience : a matter of multi-level framework, mixed methods, and multi-sectoral tools -- Management capacity and rural community resilience -- Inter-organizational coordination : analysis of 2011 van earthquake -- Community capacity and interorganizational networks for disaster resilience : comparison of rural and urban counties -- (Conclusion): emerging research in disaster resiliency and sustainability : implications for policy and practice -- Bibliography -- Appendices -- List of contributors.
- 9780415626897 (hbk) and 9780203102459 (ebk)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -402).
View MARC record | catkey: 28330178