The empty couch [electronic resource] : the taboo of ageing and retirement in psychoanalysis / edited by Gabriele Junkers
- New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Dual Edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxv, 186 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Junkers, Gabriele
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Foreword / Civitarese and Ferro -- Preface / Junkers -- Prologue / Ferro and Civatrese -- Growing older as psychoanalysts -- The ageing psychoanalyst : thoughts on preparing for a life after the couch / Junkers -- Does and elderly psychoanalyst have a role to fill? / Quinodoz -- Perhaps later-- transience and its meaning for the analysts / Junkers -- Growing older as an analyst : problems of ethics and practice based on personal experience / Fredrik Thaulow -- Psychoanalyst : a profession for an immortal teising, narcissistic challenges for aging analysts / Denis -- Illness and ending -- When the body speaks and the psychoanalyst falls ill / Junkers -- Fajardo, life-threatening iilness in the analyst -- Analysis lost and regained / Traesdal -- Life-long analysis? / Carle -- Institutional parts of ending -- Containing psychoanalysis : the analytic institution / Junkers -- Ageing in European psychoanalytic societies : psychoanalytic practice : terminable or interminable / Klockars -- What candidates say about psychoanalytical perspectives on ageing / Marino -- Giving up and important role in psychoanalytic organisations / Laks Eizirik -- Psychoanalyst assistance committees : philosophy and practicalities / Kavka -- Now is the time for action : the professional will : an ethical responsibility of the analyst and the profession / Kay O'Neill -- The ageing candidate : will the empty couch become an empty institute? / Teresa Hooke -- References -- Epilogue.
- 9780415598613 (hardback), 9780415598620 (pbk.), and 9780203384749 (ebk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 28330712