Geographies of the Haitian diaspora [electronic resource] / edited by Regine O. Jackson
- New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xxix, 317 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Jackson, Regine O.
- Routledge studies on African and Black diaspora ; 3
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Locality, globality and the popularization of a diasporic consciousness : learning from the Haitian case / Nina Glick Schiller -- Espaces Haïtiens : remapping the geography of the Haitian diaspora / Regine O. Jackson -- From the Port of Princes to the City of Kings : Jamaica and the roots of the Haitian diaspora / Matthew J. Smith -- Dialectic of marginality in the Haitian community of Guadeloupe, French West Indies / Paul Brodwin -- Onion of oppression : Haitians in the Dominican Republic / Samuel Martinez -- On the margins : the emergence of a Haitian diasporic enclave in Eastern Cuba / Yanique Hume -- Between periphery and center in the Haitian diaspora : the transnational practices of Haitian migrants in the Bahamas -- Mediating institutions and the adaptation of Haitian immigrants in Paris / Margarita Mooney -- Uses of diaspora among Haitians in Boston / Regine O. Jackson -- Haitian migration and community-building in southeastern Michigan, 1966-1998 / Chantalle F. Verna -- Deporting diaspora's future? : Forced return migration as an ethnographic lens on generational differences among Haitian migrants in Montréal / Heike Drotbohm -- Listening for geographies : music as sonic compass pointing towards African and Christian diasporic horizons in the Caribbean / Elizabeth McAlister -- Reproduction of color and class in Haitian bilingual classrooms / Fabienne Doucet -- Language, identity and public sphere in Haiti's diaspora : the evolution of the Haitian Creolists' internet network / Angel Adams Parham -- Going home again and again and again : coffee memories, peasant food and the vodou some of us do / Gina Athena Ulysse.
- 9780415887083 and 0415887089
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28332041