Global perspectives on Tarzan [electronic resource] : from king of the jungle to international icon / edited by Annette Wannamaker and Michelle Ann Abate
- New York : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- x, 216 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Wannamaker, Annette and Abate, Michelle Ann, 1975-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Michelle Ann Abate, An axe in the hands of a burly negro cleft the captain from forehead to chin: Tarzan of the apes and the American urban jungle -- Annette Wannamaker, Now Tarzan make war!: World War II B-movies, profits and propaganda -- Ken Cerniglia, Tarzan swings onto Disney's Broadway -- Jon C. Stott, Return to Tarzan: a Canadian childhood hero reconsidered -- Richard Ivan Jobs, Tarzan under attack: Youth, comics, and cultural reconstruction in postwar France -- Ronie Parciack, Contending simulacra: Tarzan in postcolonial India -- Alon Raab and Eli Eshed, With a star of David he swings: Tarzan in the holy land -- Clare Mulcahy, We would each like to be like Tarzan: re-examining female readers of Burroughs' Tarzan series -- Michelle Smith, On the origin of men: savage boyhood in Tarzan of the apes -- Aaron Clayton, Evolution and race on the island of Caspak: how Tarzan and T-rex decode manhood in the comic that time forgot.
- 9780415897242 (hbk)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28332343