International journalism and democracy [electronic resource] : civic engagement models from around the world / edited by Angela Romano
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 251 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Romano, Angela Rose
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Deliberative journalism. Deliberation and journalism / Angela Romano -- American public journalism versus other international media models / Angela Romano -- Public and citizen journalism. Public journalism in South Africa : experiences and experiments with local and community media / Brett Davidson -- Civic journalism initiatives in Nigeria / Tokunbo (Tokz) Awoshakin -- Sustaining public journalism practices : the Australian experience / Angela Romano -- Public journalism, kiwi style : lingering echoes of a big bang / Margie Comrie and David Venables -- Public journalism in Japan : experiments by a national paper / Yohtaro Hamada -- Civic and citizen journalism in Germany / Klaus Forster -- Public journalism in Finnish mainstream newspapers / Laura Avha -- Citizen voices : public journalism made in Colombia / Ana Maria Miralles (translated by Angela Romano) -- Other deliberative models for peace, participation, development and empowerment. Britain's big issue : street papers as social entrepreneurs / Angela Romano -- Inspiring public participation : environmental journalism in China / Jiannu Bao -- Peace journalism in Indonesia / Gita Widya Laksmini Soerjoatmodjo -- Traditions of public journalism in India / Pradip Thomas -- In the hands of the people : citizen media for revitalising Puerto Rico's poor communities / Angela Romano and Anette Sofía Ruiz Morales -- Viração Magazine : consciousness-raising media for young Brazilians / Paulo Lima and Maria Izabel Leão (translated by Angela Romano and Alice Baroni) -- Conclusions. Ongoing issues for deliberative journalism / Angela Romano.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28333602