Knowledge economy and the city [electronic resource] : spaces of knowledge / Ali Madanipour
- Madanipour, Ali
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 254 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Part One: City and economy -- 2. Reality, dream or rhetoric? -- 3. Economy, society and space -- Part Two: Changing nature of production -- 4. Intangible products, tangible places -- 5. Knowledge as productive capacity -- 6. Digital technology and the mediated city -- 7. Global organization of production -- Part Three: Sites of production and consumption -- 8. Sites of knowledge production -- 9. Sites of differentiated consumption -- 10. Spaces of knowledge?
- "This book explores the relationship between space and economy, the spatial expressions of the knowledge economy. The capitalist industrial economy produced its own space, which differed radically from its predecessor agrarian and mercantile economies. If a new knowledge-based economy is emerging, it is similarly expected to produce its own space to suit the new circumstances of production and consumption. If these spatial expressions do exist, even if in incomplete and partial forms, they are likely to be the model for the future of cities."--Book jacket.
- 9780415558952 (hbk.)
- "Regional Studies Association, the International Forum for Regional Development Policy and Research"--Cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -246) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28334094