Law and intersystemic communication [electronic resource] : understanding structural coupling / edited by Alberto Febbrajo and Gorm Harste
- Studies in the sociology of law
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Part I. Sociology of law and the intersystemic openness of legal systems -- The trans-planetary journey of a legal sociologist / André-Jean Arnaud -- The growth of legal transnationalism / Roger Cotterrell -- A comment / Alberto Febbrajo -- Part II. Social communication and legal regulation -- The big, large and huge case of state-building : studying structural coupling at the macro lavel / Gorm Harste -- Reflexive governance in the European Union? An example of structural coupling / Julien Broquet -- Contract as a form of intersystemic communication / Niels Åkerstrøm Andersen -- Functional differentiation, financial instruments and regulatory challenges / John Paterson -- Values as certain uncertainties : the paradox of value communication in organisational practice / Victoria von Groddeck -- Moralized communications and social regulation / Diane Laflamme -- Part III. Beyond legal positivism : norms, rights and constitutions -- Making law together? : on some intersystemic conditions of judicial cooperation / Jan Winczoreck -- Rights in Niklas Luhmann's systems theory / Pierre Guibentif --Jurisprudence and intersystemic (Mis)communication / Katayoun Baghai -- Structural coupling between the systems of law and the media : the contrasting examples of criminal conviction and criminal appeal / Richard Nobles, David Schiff -- Constituting constitutions beyond the State : polycontextural constitutionalism in the world society / Lasha Bregvadze -- Legal pluralism as a form of structural coupling / Gunther Teubner.
- 9781409421108 (hbk.), 1409421104 (hbk.), 9781409421115 (ebk.), and 1409421112 (ebk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28334246