Mobile and wireless communications [electronic resource] : key technologies and future applications / edited by Peter Smyth
- Stevenage : Institution of Electrical Engineers, c2004.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 392 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Smyth, Peter, 1955- and Institution of Electrical Engineers
- BT communications technology series ; 9
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Future of mobile and wireless communications -- Optical radio - a review of a radical new technology for wireless access infrastructure -- Wireless LANs - present and future -- Future applications of Bluetooth -- Ultra-wideband and its capabilities -- Ad Hoc wireless networks -- Scalability, capacity and local connectivity in Ad Hoc networks -- The role of Ad Hoc networks in mobility -- Securing mobile Ad Hoc networks - a motivational approach -- The use of satellite for multimedia communications -- Evolving systems beyond 3G - the IST BRAIN and MIND projects -- Economic tussles in the public mobile access market -- Enabling applications deployment on mobile networks -- The parlay API - allowing third party application providers safe and secure access to network capabilities -- Radio spectrum management for tetherless communications -- Mobile multimedia services -- Multimodality - the future of the wireless user interface -- Mobile video-streaming -- A social history of the mobile telephone with a view of its future.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28335158