Multiracial Americans and social class [electronic resource] : the influence of social class on racial identity / edited by Kathleen Odell Korgen
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 230 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Korgen, Kathleen Odell, 1967-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Multiracial Americans and social class / Kathleen Odell Korgen -- In-between racial status, mobility and the promise of assimilation : Irish, Italians yesterday, Latinos and Asians today / Charles A. Gallagher -- "What's class got to do with it?" : images and discourses on race and class in interracial relationships / Erica Chito Childs -- Social class, racial/ethnic identity, and the psychology of choice / Peony Fhagen-Smith -- Stability and change in the racial identities of multiracial adolescents / Ruth Burke, Grace Kao -- Country clubs and hip-hop thugs : examining the role of social class and culture in shaping racial identity / Nikki Khanna -- Language, power, and the performance of race and class / Benjamin Bailey -- Black and white in movies : portrayals of black-white biracial characters in movies / Alicia Edison, George Yancey -- Who is really to blame? : biracial perspectives on inequality in America / Monique E. Marsh -- Multiracial Asian Americans : social class, demographic, and cultural characteristics / C.N. Le -- A group in flux : multiracial American Indians and the social construction of race / Carolyn Liebler -- Appearance and social class : an in-depth look at multiracial Hispanic youth / Melissa R. Herman, Maria L. Castilla -- Social class and multiracial groups : what can we learn from large surveys? / Mary E. Campbell -- The "one drop" rule through a multiracial lens : examining the roles of race and class in the racial classification of children of partially Black parents / Jenifer Bratter -- "It's not that simple" : multiraciality, models, and social hierarchy / Ingrid Dineen-Wimberly, Paul Spickard.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28335399