Political and legal transformations of an Indonesian polity [electronic resource] : the Nagari from colonisation to decentralisation / Franz von Benda-Beckmann, Keebet von Benda-Beckmann
- Cambridge studies in law and society
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Towards an anthropological understanding of political and legal change -- The pre-colonial nagari -- Minangkabau under colonial government -- Japanese occupation, independence and post-colonial transformation until 1983 -- Centralised government at its zenith -- Reformasi: constitutional reforms and regional autonomy -- Creating new nagari structures -- The return to the nagari: smooth transitions -- Uneasy transformations -- Governing the village -- New dynamics in property rights -- Never ending disputes -- Property law reconstituted, uncertainty perpetuated -- Old issues revisited: Adat, Islam and Minangkabau identity politics -- Decentralisation, the transformation of the nagari and the dynamics of legal pluralism: some conclusions.
- 9781107038592 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 457-490) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28336805