Postcolonial memoir in the Middle East [electronic resource] : rethinking the liminal in Mashriqi writing / Norbert Bugeja
- Bugeja, Norbert, 1980-
- New York : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 242 p. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge research in postcolonial literatures ; 40
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Rethinking the liminal -- Exilic memory and the spaces of occupation in Mourid Barghouti's I saw Ramallah -- "A dark cellar under his feet": negotiating the diasporic-Israeli threshold in Amos Oz's A tale of love and darkness -- H?z?n-dialectics: The agency of the past in Orhan Pamuk's Istanbul: memories of a city -- Through the archive, towards self-knowledge: Amin Maalouf's journey in Origins: a memoir -- Wadad Makdisi Cortas' A world I loved: some conclusions, more beginnings.
- 9780415509138 (hbk : acid-free paper) and 9780203105207 (ebk)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references ( p. -237 and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28336992