A practical introduction to in-depth interviewing [electronic resource] / Alan Morris
- Morris, Alan
- Additional Titles:
- Also published as: Practical guide to in-depth interviewing
- London : SAGE, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 143 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The what and why of in-depth interviewing -- Ethics - the need to tread carefully -- Developing the interview guide -- Selecting, finding and accessing research participants -- Preparing for the interview -- Conducting the interview -- Dealing with difficulties and the unexpected -- Transcribing, analysing and writing up the interviews.
- "This book will help you complete your qualitative research project by providing a nuts and bolts introduction to interviewing. With coverage of ethics, preparation strategies and advice for handling the unexpected in the field, this handy guide will help you get to grips with the basics of interviewing before embarking on your research. While recognising that your research question and the context of your research will drive your approach to interviewing, this book provides practical advice often skipped in traditional methods textbooks. Written with the needs of social science students and those new to qualitative research in mind, the book will help you plan, prepare for, carry out and analyse your interviews"--Back cover.
- 9781446287293, 1446287297, 9781446287637 (paperback), and 1446287637 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28337054