Researching non-heterosexual sexualities [electronic resource] / edited by Constantinos N. Phellas
- Farnham ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 239 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Phellas, Constantinos N.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / Constantinos N. Phellas -- 1. An overview of developments in research methods applied to non-heterosexual men / Constantinos N. Phellas and Anthony P.M. Coxon -- 2. Researching religion in LGBTQ populations / Melissa M. Wilcox -- 3. Researching bisexuality and Christianity: locating a hidden population and the use of reflexivity / Alex Toft -- 4. Visualizing experience: using creative research methods with members of sexual and gender communities / Meg Barker, Christina Richards and Helen Bowes-Catton -- 5. Sexual diaries: theory, method and application / Anthony P.M. Coxon -- 6. Linking social context to situational context in the study of non-heterosexual sexual experience / Miguel Muänoz-Laboy, Richard G. Parker and Patrick A. Wilson -- 7. The challenges of quantitative research in lesbian, gay and bisexual psychology / Ian Rivers -- 8. Depression and stress, self-esteem, and discrimination in gay men living with HIV: the case of Cyprus / Constantinos N. Phellas -- 9. Researching (homo) sexualities: working with military and war archives / Gabriel Koureas -- 10. Through the narrow straits: researching homophobia and sexual oppression in Cyprus / Stavros Stavrou Karayanni -- 11. Non-indigenous lesbians and gay men caring for indigenous children: an Australian case study / Damien W. Riggs -- 12. Sexy subject, unflattering questions: interviewing partners about intimacies and sex / Anna Einarsdâottir.
- 9781409412656 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28337916