Sovereignty and social reform in India [electronic resource] : British colonialism and the campaign against sati, 1830-60 / Andrea Major
- Major, Andrea
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 152 p. : map ; 24 cm.
- Routledge/Edinburgh South Asian studies series
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Chivalry, sacrifice and devotion : imagining sati in Rajput society -- Princes, politics and pragmatism : the formation of British policy on sati in the princely states -- Victims, perpetrators and self-determined sacrifices : strategies for suppressing sati in the princely states.
- 9780415580502 (cloth : alk. paper)
0415580501 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28339000