State crime in the global age [electronic resource] / edited by William J. Chambliss, Raymond Michalowski and Ronald C. Kramer
- Cullompton, Devon ; Portland, Or. : Willan Pub., c2010.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 306 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Chambliss, William J., Michalowski, Raymond J., and Kramer, Ronald C.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- In search of 'state and crime' in state crime studies / Raymond Michalowski -- The centrality of empire in the study of state crime and violence / Peter Iadicola -- Obligatory sacrifice and imperial projects / Frank Pearce -- Toward a prospective criminology of state crime / David O. Friedrichs -- Modern institutionalized torture as state-organized crime / Martha K. Huggins -- War as corporate crime / Vincenzo Ruggiero -- From Guernica to Hiroshima to Baghdad : the normalization of the terror bombing of civilians / Ronald C. Kramer -- The neo-liberal state of exception in occupied Iraq / David Whyte -- China's aid policy toward economically weakened states : a case of state criminality? / Dawn L. Rothe -- Framing innocents : the wrongly convicted as victims of state harm / Saundra D. Westervelt and Kimberly J. Cook -- Prosecutorial overcharging as state crime? / Lauren N. Lang -- The politics of harm reduction policies / William J. Chambliss, Jonathan William Anderson and Tanya Whittle -- The globalization of transitional justice / Elizabeth Stanley -- The reason of state : theoretical inquiries and consequences for the criminology of state crime / Athanasios Chouliaras -- Epilogue : toward a public criminology of state crime / Ronald C. Kramer, Raymond Michalowski and William J. Chambliss.
- 9781843927037 (pbk.), 1843927039 (pbk.), 9781843927044 (hbk.), and 1843927047 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 262-293) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28339173