Statistical Data Analysis for the Physical Sciences [electronic resource] / Adrian Bevan, Queen Mary, University of London
- Bevan, Adrian
- Cambridge, UK : Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 220 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Language Note:
- Text in English.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Sets -- Probability -- Visualising and quantifying the properties of data -- Useful distributions -- Uncertainty and errors -- Confidence intervals -- Hypothesis testing -- Fitting -- Multivariate analysis -- Appendix A. Glossary -- Appendix B. Probability density functions -- Appendix C. Numerical integration methods -- Appendix D. Solutions -- Appendix E. Reference tables -- References -- Index.
- "Data analysis lies at the heart of every experimental science. Providing a modern introduction to statistics, this book is ideal for undergraduates in physics. It introduces the necessary tools required to analyse data from experiments across a range of areas, making it a valuable resource for students. In addition to covering the basic topics, the book also tekas in advanced and modern subjects, such as neural networks, decision trees, fitting techniques, and issues concerning limit or interval setting. Worked examples and case studies illustrate the techniques presented, and end-of-chapter exercises help test the reader's understanding of the material."--Back cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 216-217) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28339209