Strategic visions for human rights [electronic resource] : essays in honour of Professor Kevin Boyle / edited by Geoff Gilbert, Françoise Hampson and Clara Sandoval
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, N.Y. : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 171 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Gilbert, Geoff, 1958-, Hampson, Françoise, and Sandoval Villalba, Clara
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- War and peace in Northern Ireland : reflections on the contribution of academic and human rights communities / Tom Hadden -- Law and human rights rather than international human rights law / Geoff Gilbert -- Universality, historical specificity and cultural difference in human rights / David Beetham -- Doing human rights : three lessons from the field / Conor Gearty -- Rights and righteousness : friends or foes? / Francesca Klug -- Human rights, power, and the protection of free choice / Sheldon Leader -- Conscientious objection to military service / Rachel Brett and Laurel Townhead -- In search of the third freedom : 'everywhere in the world' / Asbjørn Eide -- Lobbying for rights during the 'War on Terror' : the American Civil Liberties Union after 9/11 / Richard J. Maiman -- The future of the European Court of human rights / Françoise Hampson.
- 9780415579889 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28339300