Understanding art education [electronic resource] : engaging reflexively with practice / Nicholas Addison ... [et al.].
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 171 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Addison, Nicholas, 1954-
- Teaching school subjects 11-19
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / Nicholas Addison and Lesley Burgess -- Pt. 1. Histories and futures. 1. Art and design in education: ruptures and continuities / Nicholas Addison -- 2. A return to design in art and design education: developing creativity and innovation / John Steers -- Pt. 2. Reconceptualising practice. 3. Developing creativity potential: learning through embodied practices / Nicholas Addison -- 4. Learning as a social practice in art and design / Lesley Burgess -- 5. Assessment and learning / Nicholas Addison -- Pt. 3. Relocating practice. 6. Critical pedagogy / Nicholas Addison -- 7. Collaborative liberatory practices for global citizenship / Jane Trowell.
- 9780415367394 (hc), 9780415367400 (pbk.), 0415367395 (hc), and 0415367409 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 28340189