Drive your plow over the bones of the dead / Olga Tokarczuk ; tr. Antonia Lloyd-Jones
- Tokarczuk, Olga, 1962-
- Uniform Title:
- Prowadź swój pług przez kości umarłych. English
- London : Fitzcarraldo Editions, 2019.
- First paperback edition published by Fitzcarraldo Editions.
- Physical Description:
- 266 pages ; 20 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lloyd-Jones, Antonia
- Machine generated contents note: I.Now Pay Attention -- II.Testosterone Autism -- III.Perpetual Light -- IV.999 Deaths -- V.A Light in the Rain -- VI.Trivia and Banalities -- VII.A Speech to a Poodle -- VIII.Uranus in Leo -- IX.The Largest in the Smallest -- X.Cucujus Haematodes -- XI.The Singing of Bats -- XII.The Vengeful Beast -- XIII.The Night Archer -- XIV.The Fall -- XV.Saint Hubert -- XVI.The Photograph.
- "In a remote Polish village, Janina Duszejko, an eccentric woman in her sixties, recounts the events surrounding the disappearance of her two dogs. She is reclusive, preferring the company of animals to people; she's unconventional, believing in the stars; and she is fond of the poetry of William Blake, from whose work the title of the book is taken. When members of a local hunting club are found murdered, Duszejko becomes involved in the investigation. By no means a conventional crime story, this existential thriller by the Nobel Prize in Literature laureate offers thought-provoking ideas on our perceptions of madness, injustice against marginalized people, animal rights, the hypocrasy of traditional religion, belief in predestination-- and caused a genuine political uproar in Poland."--Back cover.
- 9781913097257 (paperback)
- Originally published in Polish as Prowadź swój pług przez kości umarłych by Wydawnictwo Literackie.
"Winner of the Noble Prize in Literature."
View MARC record | catkey: 28341040